Plastics technology services
- We manufacture plastic parts from 0.02 g to 0.5 kg in series injection moulding processes.
- Connector housings
- Fuse boxes
- Transparent covers
- Sensor housings
- Lab equipment
- Complete assemblies
- We currently operate 49 injection moulding machines with locking forces from 150 kN to 4,000 kN. You can order series batches from us, from 100 pieces to 60 million pieces per year. We manufacture over 600 different plastic products for our customers, processing 160 different types of granulate and 140 different colour batches. We also turn and mill plastic products.
- Quality is especially important to us. Our plastics technology processes are certified under IATF 16949:2016 and have UL certification.
30 years of experience
In 1990 we founded the plastics technology division with two employees and two machines in the premises of today’s maintenance department. The following year we built a 500 square metre hall for eight injection moulding machines, storage and drying. In 1998 we acquired another plot of land with 1000 square metres of production space for seven employees and eight machines. In the year 2000 our quality management was certified according to DIN 9001.
In 2006, we installed the ARBURG host computer system (ALS) in our entire production. In 2014, a rolling 7-day shift model was introduced in our production. In 2017 we received the certification according to IATF 16949:2016 for the first time. Since 2018 all business processes are processed with the ERP system MS Dynamics Navision.
In our PWF plastics technology division, we manufacture products on 49 electric and hydraulic Engel, ARBURG and BATTENFELD injection moulding machines with locking forces from 150 kN to 4,000 kN. Our production operations run in shifts seven days a week. All of our injection moulding machines are equipped with colour dosing devices and CNC robotsto remove the parts and place them in nested holders in boxes on conveyor belts.
Each year we process around 700 tonnes of technical plastics, including PBT, PA 6, PA 66, PEI, PVDF, PEEK, PPS and PPSU. The materials are dried in central silos equipped with over-drying protection and then transported to the injection moulding machines via a closed conveyor system.
We use the Microsoft Dynamics NAV ERP system and the Arburg MDE system to fulfil customer orders within the agreed time frames, as these software solutions give us a transparent and up-to-date overview of how the production of each order is progressing.
The quality policy is basically defined and will only be changed if there is cause for the company on the market and by customer requirements. This includes the adaptation of business areas to market events, e.B. increase in order processing with shift operation or the start of new business areas.
The quality policy of the company:
- The goal of the organization and the QM system is aimed at achieving an error rate of 0 ppm for delivered goods.
- The number of internal rework is to be reduced by constantly improving manufacturing processes.
- The quality, flexibility and adherence to deadlines characterize the actions of the employees.
- The quality awareness of the employees is geared towards error prevention.
- The path of continuous training and further education of employees is always pursued.
- The requirements for cost-effectiveness in order processing and for order and quality at the workplace also determine the actions of the company’s employees
- The internal amount of rejects is to be reduced by recording and evaluating errors in our ERP system and the storage measures developed from them.
- Every employee of the company is responsible for the quality of his work.
- We take into account all possibilities of energy saving, material recycling, waste separation and disposal to protect the environment.
Particularly important for the quality policy is the profitability analysis of all business activities and the achievement of the specifications in each financial year. The framework for the implementation of the quality policy and the achievement of the quality objectives is the QM system. In it, responsibilities, structure and process organization in the company are defined, quality-relevant activities in the company are planned and geared to the customer in order to retain him to the company in the long term. Regular management evaluations and resulting activities are intended to ensure the continued suitability, adequacy and effectiveness of the QM system.